Monday, April 2, 2012

Lonely Heart by Sr. Clara Styger, OSF

One day my heart felt
very lonely
like Jesus when in the
Garden of Olives
Life in a way was almost too much.
My whole being was crying out -
I longed to find peace within.

I cried out to Jesus,
"Where are You?"

Then among tears of frustration
I felt His respectful presence
around me.
No voice but eyes so pure and
filled with love,
I felt strength and became
very peaceful.
I did not feel alone any more.

Easter is a time of deep hope
A gift of our Father's Love through
His Son Jesus, our Jewish brother,
Lover and true friend.
He came to give us Life and
Show us the way.

Will I and will you truly let
Easter Peace happen in our hearts?
Burst forth in joy-filled praise
For we are the most gifted, hope-filled
Children of God.
Alleluia! Happy Easter to you.

-Sister Clara Styger, OSF

No comments:

Post a Comment