Friday, June 1, 2012

Franciscan Values Alive at St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care


Franciscan Values alive at SAC

St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care, and its mission, reflect Franciscan values in meeting the spiritual, psychological, social and physical needs of all who participate regardless of faith, culture or ability to pay.

These values are the foundation upon which the outreach of The Center has grown.


Creating a Caring Community
Respecting each person’s dignity.
Offering hospitality, kindness, and friendship.
Fostering loving relationships.

Showing Compassion

Serving and caring for the poor and oppressed.
Working for justice.
Taking responsible social action.


Reverencing All of Creation
Fostering a simple lifestyle.
Preserving the environment.
Respecting all creatures.


Making Peace
Forgiving others.
Resolving conflicts.
Promoting non-violence.

Courtesy of Sister Mary Jeanne Michels.


Posted by Nicholas Schultz





1 comment:

  1. I have recently done been doing research on franciscan values because my teacher had mentioned the philosophy to me. That's how I came across your blog about the St.Ann Center and it sounds like a very great place. Your post also made me realize that I use these values daily but that I can definitely do more. Thank you for sharing this with us Juliann!

    ReplyDelete