Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Meet the Queen!

The bonds, friendships and interactions between staff and clients at St. Ann Center mean as much to the staff member as it does to the client. One example is Sandy who works in our Southwest Unit, nick-named The Queen, and Jo-Ann who comes to the center Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Jo-Ann spent 3 weeks creating a special sign, crown, cape and royal staff for Sandy as a surprise birthday present, even though no one knows when Sandy's birthday is. Sandy spent all afternoon showing off the card that reads:


To the Queen: Your kindness has made all the difference. Thank you very, very much.
 “I’m glad you are there for me every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I look forward to seeing you. Also I like helping you around St. Ann’s. I’m glad that you ask me to help you. I’m so happy that you welcome me back when I miss a day or two. I hope you enjoy your birthday present (whenever your birthday is) also enjoy your sign. I’m happy I have a good friend like you.” - Jo-Ann



Thank you to our clients and staff who do the little things to show they care, because those little things make the biggest difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment